Project Coordinator - Industrial
The client is a national Canadian ICI Design Build General Contractor focused on Food Processing and Cold Storage facilities.
We are seeking well experience ICI Construction Project Coordinators to join our growing Construction team. If you are to be a successful candidate you will poses a proven track record of supporting multiple construction projects that are in different phases and of varying complexity and size. You will rely on your strong organisational skills keeping records and information controlled methodically and efficiently. You will be and effective and efficient communicator in direct contact with trade vendors, consultants and the client. You will have a keen sense of awareness in recording minutes of key information, decisions and actions reported or decided upon at construction progress meetings. You will be swift in and efficient in issuing meeting minutes as well as in preparing, issuing and tracking all construction documentation with the client and vendors from tender to close out. You will have a strong collaborative approach to support the Project Manager and Site Superintendents in delivering construction projects with care to our clients.
- A min of 5 years of experience in the role of Construction Project Coordinator with a Design Build or General Contracting Firm.
- Client or Consultant side experience is not considered valid for this role.
- Proficiency in creating, circulating, logging and maintaining construction documentation for projects ranging in size from $250k to $20M.
- Effective ability to communicate and instigate action from trade contractors in furnishing documentation, managing RFI’s and scheduling work.
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency:
- Delivering projects using CCA 5, CCDC 2, CCDC 3, CCDC 5a and CCDC 14 Prime Contracts.
- Creating and administering CCA 1 & CCA 17 Sub-Contracts
- High proficiency in the use of construction project management software (CMiC or similar).
- Complete understanding of the Master Format system.
- Confident and personable with vendors, clients, consultant, regulators, Site Superintendents.
- Ability to provide simultaneous support for needs across multiple projects in varying phases.
- Able to instigate action from Sub-Trades and Vendors/Suppliers.
- Effective and articulate written and oral communication skills.
- Organised to a very high standard.
- Communicate accurately and specifically as required for the task, issue or action at hand.
- Proficiency in creating Gantt Chart construction project schedules.
Valid Driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Create and maintain weekly tracking of baseline vs. actual construction schedules, anticipate schedule short comings and report to Project Manager.
- Create, issue and track construction documentation real time on a proactive basis using our construction management software system.
- Research and pre-qualify trade contractors and other vendors in various locals across Canada.
- Prepare and maintain the trade list on per project basis.
- Maintain sub-trade and vendor database.
- Assemble, issue and track tenders for sub-contracted work to trades and vendors.
- Review, qualify and tabulate tender responses.
- Maintain purchase order documentation and update budget.
- Acquire product manuals, warranty letters, inspection reports and certifications from sub-trades to create project close out packages.
- Issue certification documentation to client for training on use of systems and handover of project.
- Take calls and set up responsive action for post-construction client support on warranty issues.
- Organise and ensure construction billing documentation is delivered to the Finance Department accurately and on time.
- Provide support and insight to the Project Managers and Site Superintendents.
- Diploma or Degree in Construction Management is required.
- PMP designation is an asset but not required.
- Gold Seal Certification is an asset but not required.
COMPENSATION AND REWARDS
- Salary commensurate with experience level.
- Benefits Package
- Bi-Annual Performance Review
- Annual Salary Review
- Performance Based Bonus Plan
The hiring company is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest; however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- CCA & CCDC DOCUMENTS: 4 years
- COMMERCIAL FACILITIES CONSTRUCTION: 4 years
- INSTITUTIONAL FACILITIES CONSTRUCTION: 4 years
- RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION: 4 years
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT COORDINATOR: 5 years
- INDUSTRIAL FACILITIES CONSTRUCTION: 4 years
- CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE: 4 years
Required license or certification